Friday, April 24, 2009

Prove It Kell!

I don't like it when someone tells me I can't do something. I really don't like to be questioned, and when I am questioned, I tend to question right back. You know what's funny about this whole issue with people telling me I can't do something? I'm the guiltiest of them all!

I normally have a very optimistic attitude. I see the good in people. It surprises me sometimes how quick people are to put others down. Now, I'm not saying I don't enjoy gossip. I do. I especially enjoy the gossip which I am not a part of. I just don't like to flame people... well, there are a select few... but I do believe in respecting others.... now onto myself...

I was talking to my husband tonight about my book. We were talking about how authors have deadlines. I have read celebrity blogs stating that they have to have their book written by blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. The difference between them and I? They can write ANYTHING! I mean ANYTHING and have it instantly published. I have no one telling me I need to have it done by a particular date, nor do I know if my work of (what I call) art will even be published. I could assign a completion date myself, but instead, guess what I'm telling myself? You betcha! "You can't do that Kell... you have way too much going on"... bad self-talk I tell ya... positive affirmations gone... right out the window!

I find it much easier to sit down to my blog each evening. It's partially the instant gratification... and partially the fellowship. Of course I always feel prouder than proud after certain posts, and a little unsure after others. I'll feel unsure tonight. Give me some IG (instant gratification), K? ;)

I am quite sick and tired of holding myself back. I procrastinate. While I'm known at work and at home for being giddy, silly and fun, I am not known for my close attention to details and deadlines. I'll work on this. I'll work on my book. I do believe I need to purchase a chalk board and write that 1,000 times. Of course, that would just give me one more excuse not to sit down with my book... more procrastination.

This is going to take a lot of effort on my part... I mean A LOT! I need to believe in myself... believe that I can make this happen, and quit telling myself that I can't. I can! Now I'll prove it!

2 comments:

  1. I believe you can do it. And when you do, I'll be one of the first to buy your book. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thank you! Thank you so much!
    Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete