Saturday, January 31, 2009

Getting Out the Photos

Abbi in her Patriotic Hat & Kelly with her Curls

I've been going through old photos, reminiscing, slobbering all over myself & then just asking for it all over again by sorting through a new batch. (You can see some of these pictures at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=1507598411&ref=profile)

Pictures, like music, move me. I am totally unaware, when I am having my photo taken, or when I am taking one of the children, how it may strike me in the future. There is an old picture of Abbi wearing a patriotic hat. Her eyes are so blue, and she is smiling so big. She looks beautiful. At the time she just looked cute to me. Now it brings back a flood of emotions I can't even put into words. It's amazing how pictures can do that!

I feel the same way when it comes to pictures of myself, and photos of Joel and I together. I have never been the type to be sure of myself. I've always been very tall, and I have been informed that I stand out in a crowd. I've recently been told to take that as a compliment, but I look back at these long forgotten pictures of myself, and realize how uncomfortable I was in my own skin.

Yes, looking at some pictures for me is like watching a beautiful love story while cuddling with a porcupine. I take pleasure in the memories, but it hurts like hell at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment