Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Eternal Youth, My Ass


I'm taking an English class spring or summer quarter at the local technical college. I have been contemplating it for some time now. I know one class seems not so big a deal to most. It's a big commitment to me. I took all of my activity courses online. It was a bitch. There is something about not having someone right there to push you along that makes you become a real wimp. But I liked the fact that I was home with my family. To commit to actually going to a class twice a week, knowing that I have babies at home, is a very big deal. Not to mention the reading and the studying.

So my good friend and employee Brittany (I know... I've heard it a million times... not a good combination... blah blah blah) is urging me to sign up for spring quarter so we can be enrolled in the same class. She told me since I'm 'so smart' and a 'grammar freak' I most likely won't have to take the computer course before I take the English course. That baffled me. Why in the world would I have to take a computer applications course? I'm quite proficient and can find my way around on my computer very well, thank you very much! PLUS I took a computer applications course in college 10 years ago, and aced it! So there! Brittany responded with, "college has change A LOT over the past 10 years, Kelly!" I called the college immediately to set up my appointment. Right then and there I realized I'm getting old. Pretty soon grey hairs will start sprouting out of my nostrils, my back will begin to arch, I'll wake up with Depends on and will have forgotten where I put my teeth. Brittany, thank you for making me realize my youth is behind me! Granny panties here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment